What it covers:
The following is an outline of what the audit will cover remembering that in each area, where appropriate, this will include meeting legislation, good practice over and above being compliant, and ongoing development.
The full requirements of the Responsible Business Standard are detailed in the Responsible Business Workbook.
◦ HR and Health & Safety legislation
◦ Employee wellbeing
◦ Employee engagement
◦ Equality and Diversity
◦ Environmental legislation
◦ Environmental policies and procedures
◦ Commitment to reducing environmental impact
◦ Legislation e.g. Trading Standards requirements
◦ Process, standards and stakeholder engagement
◦ Supply chain activities
◦ Awareness of local issues
◦ Supporting and engaging with the local community
Ethics, Values & Transparency
◦ You will need to demonstrate that ethics, values and transparency is embedded in your business ethos: once again, meeting legislative criteria alone is not sufficient for a company to be accredited.
Business Processes & Continuity
◦ Ensuring appropriate procedures, systems and other precautionary measures are in place so that the business operates efficiently on a day-to-day basis AND is sustainable even under adverse / extreme circumstances e.g. flood or fire.